Tsubodare and Hakama

This kimono is one which literally took my breath away when I first saw it. I just had to buy it! I decided to wear it with ​hakama​, but one day I will wear it normally, because it really is too beautiful to hide! ​Tsubodare​ is a pattern that looks like jar drips…a sort of pottery glaze effect. It’s one of my favorite patterns, and I am so glad that I finally have a kimono with it!

It was super windy outside, so my hakama and sleeves kept blowing everywhere in the wind!

I got my hair cut today, with a new style. I like it, and I also like wearing hakama lol! ❤ Oh, and I did not know this, but apparently today was International Women’s Day…you can read about it over at Strawberry Kimono, my friend Lyuba’s kimono blog. (I guess it’s true what she says…this holiday is virtually unknown in the US! I’ve certainly never heard of it. But what a coincidence that we both wore kimono today!)

Advertisements

15 Comments Add yours

1. That kimono is to die for! What an amazing pattern. I’ve never seen anything like it….and I really like the new ‘do! You look cute as always.

1. Thanks, Rebecca! It’s one of my favorite patterns of all time….when I saw it on Ichiroya, I literally gasped haha. The new hairstyle is so much easier because all I have to do now is scrunch it in the morning. Can’t get much easier to maintain, right? 😉

2. Kazumi says:

Hi!
    I started a blog and uploaded my kimono pictures.

“Oiran Dochu” will be carried out in my area as part of a local annual event. “Yoshiwara” where Oiran lived is close to my apartment.
    I may upload a movie from the past event if I find out how to do it.

Visit my blog when you have time!

K

K

1. Congrats on making a blog! 🙂

I tried to comment on your blog, but could not find where to type because it was all in Japanese, haha…^^; So I will just say here what I was going to say on your blog, until I can figure out how to comment!

You are very elegant in kimono! I love your style. ❤ And I totally agree with what you say about kimono…"Sophisticated and with my personal touch"! Wearing kimono is about expressing yourself, because the colors, motifs, musubi, and style that you wear allow you to show the world your inner self. I think it is because all kimono are basically the same shape, and you have to show yourself through colors, pattern, etc. Like painting on a blank canvas! 🙂

I like your obi and how you tied it. Is it a type of tsunodashi musubi?

Oh, and also, I would love to see Oiran Dochu if you can upload a video! How interesting to live next to such a historical place like Yoshiwara! Will you attend and watch in kimono?

3. Kazumi says:

Thank you!

You have said it all about the joy of wearing kimono.

Yes, my obi musubi is a variation of simplified tsunodashi (or Ginza musubi). This obi musubi is perfect for shorter obi.
    For how to tie, see here: http://himenorumi.net/free_9_11.html
    She makes a knot but I don’t. The result is the same.

As for leaving a comment,
    1. Look for a “tweet” logo (ツイ‐ト) under an article.
    2. Below the logo, you find the characters which look like コメント.
    3. Click on it, and then click on the box with the characters which look like コメントする on.
    4. Type your comment in the text box where a cursor is flickering.
    5. Press the box with characters which look like 投稿する on to post.

I will post info and a link about Oiran Dochu soon.

K

1. Wow, that’s super easy to tie it seems! I will have to try it.

And thank you for the help! I will definitely be able to comment now! 🙂 I wonder, can you tell me what to click on so that I can subscribe to your blog? Maybe there is something that will send me an email when you update?

Your grey cat reminds me of the one that I had when I was younger. Her name was “Venus” and I used to chase her around in my baby chair on wheels lol.

4. Kazumi says:

Yes, very easy.
    You had a cat!
    Meowsuke was born in the US and I took him and his mom with me to Japan.

This is the steps to subscribe to my blog.
    I hope this helps!

1. Go to my blog.
    2. On the top right corner of the page, you will find four boxes.
    Click on the top left box ”読者になる”.
    3. You will find two radio buttons on the new page.
    Select the second button ”相手に知らせて読者になる”
    Then, tick the box “メールでの更新通知を受け取る” under the button.
    meaning “I want to receive an email notifying an update of this blog”
    Then, click on the box “読者登録”just below. (=Reader registration)
    4. You find two text boxes.
    1st text box : Message to me.
    2nd text box: Enter numbers you see above the box. (CAPTCHA)

1. Oh, so you lived in US for a bit? 🙂

Ah, it seems that I have to be a member of ameblo in order to subscribe to your blog. 😦 Ah well, I will just have to watch your blog to see when you update! Thank you for the information!

5. Kazumi says:

That’s a bummer!
    Most likely I update my kimono pictures on Sundays (on Saturdays in the US).

Yes, I lived in the US for 10 years in total.

K

6. Vika says:

Hello,
    My name is Vika and I’m helping managing Kimono Fans Indonesia Page (https://www.facebook.com/KimonoFansIndonesia). I’m just thinking of posting some interesting short paragraphs about hakama.

Do you think it’s okay if I use your fabulous picture into one of my posts? Thank you very much ^w^.

1. Yes, go ahead! I’d be glad to help out a fellow kimono lover! 🙂

1. yukikawaii says:

Yay! I finally posted your hakama’s picture into the page. Thank you very much ^w^.
        This is the page: https://www.facebook.com/KimonoFansIndonesia?ref=hl

1. Thank you so much!!! 😀 It’s a wonderful page, I am following it!